Stewart Toyota Privacy
Janart Holdings Pty Ltd Privacy
Janart Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 13 092 037 262 trades under the trading names Stewart Toyota, Rockdale Volkswagen, Lexus of Sutherland, Rockdale Skoda.
2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
In dealing with you we may collect personal information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver's license number, information pertaining to a credit application including employment details, salary details, accommodation details, and financial position details. We may also collect testimonials and photographs.
3. How we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
4. How we use and disclose personal information
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
• To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
• To provide you with information about products or offers.
• To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
• To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
• To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
• To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
• For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
5. How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the Janart Holdings Pty Ltd staff member you usually deal with, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request. We will then arrange with you a convenient time and means for you to have access.
If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. How you may make a privacy complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Disclosure of personal information
Janart Holdings Pty Ltd may disclose personal information (including credit information) to Australian Motor Vehicle Distributor, Financial Credit Providers and their associated overseas parents entities in order to provide their products and/ or services and for administrative or other management purposes.
Information may also be disclosed to other organisations such as:
• our related companies (if any);
• other automotive suppliers or industry participants such as warranty providers or credit providers;
• external service providers, such as accountants, auditors, lawyers, credit reporting bodies, mailing houses, storage providers and research consultants;
• government or regulatory authorities, where required or permitted by law.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers including but not limited to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited ABN 64 009 686 097, Volkswagen Group Australia ABN 14 093 117 876 and other original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients.
However, we will only do so where:
• it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
• you have provided consent; or
• we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
• it is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures is likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as Japan and Germany.
This section explains how we handle personal information collected from our website. If you have any questions or concerns about transmitting your personal information via the internet, you may contact us using the contact details provided above, as there are other ways for you to provide us with your personal information.
Visiting our website
Anytime you access an unsecured part of our website, that is, a public page that does not require you to log on, we will collect information about your visit, such as:
• the time and date of the visit;
• any information or documentation that you download;
• your browser type; and
• your server address.
You may change the settings on your browser to reject cookies.
When we receive emails, we will retain the content of the email and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our website to protect your personal information. Any data containing personal information which we transmit via the internet is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the internet by us, or yourself, is entirely secure. You use our website at your own risk.
Links on our website
We may use your personal information and credit information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
We may also provide your details to other organisations for specific marketing purposes.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information. In order to do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you or disclose your information to other organisations for marketing purposes. You can make this request by using the contact details provided above, or by "unsubscribing" from email marketing messages.
10. Changes to our policy